2018年11月29日木曜日

BR 07: Hungry Plants

Most plants get everything they need to be healthy from sun, rain, and soil. But insect-eating plants grow in very poor soil. They make up for this by eating bugs. For these plants, eating bugs is like taking a vitamin pill.(p.8)


      When I was an elementary school student, my brother had a insect-eating plant which was like a picture on the right. It often ate bugs as I watched it. When it ate them, it closed its mouth and melted them by liquid which called digestive juice. I was afraid of it because its appearance. It has lots of thorns. So still now, I don't like such insect-eating plants.



Batten, Mary. (2000). Hungry Plants. Step into reading.




0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

Hollywood

      But Hollywood is built on a long and truly wonderful story of famous actors, directors, and film studios and it is not going to st...